At Route to Smile (the and / or ),
we want to give you the best possible experience to ensure that you enjoy our
service. Your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will
always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how
and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data - as well as outline
the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your
personal data. That is our objective, and this will explain exactly what we mean in further
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Our company collects two types of information from You:
- information that can be associated with identifying a specific person. When you engage in a transaction through the Company Service, including but not limited to filling forms, creating an account, sending feedback, or otherwise availing or participating in the Company Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, you may be asked to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to, your: name, email address, postal address, username and password, telephone and/or fax number, date of birth, other household information about you and your family, such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviours, health information, dental history, photographs or videos and/or any other information you might be required to provide to us, to process your transaction, provide treatment, send communications in relation to it to you, and populate forms for future transactions. When you register in and avail the Company Service, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information, such as credit card information. Some of the information we may ask you to provide in relation to any Identification Activity, may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you fail to provide any mandatory information for an Identification Activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity with the Company Service. Some Personal Data processed may be considered sensitive, including Personal Data concerning your health. We process this information only to the extent necessary to carry out its obligations to your licensed dental care providerand you, and to provide your licensed dental provider and you with our goods and services.
- information that cannot identify a specific person. This type of information may include things like the type of browser you are using, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, mobile carrier information, mobile device information, information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other tracking technologies, or general and/or aggregated location data that does not constitute Personally Identifiable Information.
We, and/or our authorized third-party service providers, may automatically collect this information when you visit or use the Company Service using electronic tools like cookies and web beacons or pixel tags, advertising ID or similar identifier, information about your device’s operating system and information about the way you use the website and/or App.
We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Company Service, to analyse trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third-party service providers to measure the overall effectiveness/efficiency of our products and services that helps us personalise and continuously improve your experience at the Website and/or App.
1.3 We neither knowingly collect any information nor promote the Website to any minor under the age of 18 (eighteen) years. If You are less than 18 (eighteen) years old or a minor in any other jurisdiction from where You access the Website, We request that You do not submit information to Us. If We become aware that a minor has registered with Us and provided Us with personal information, We may take steps to terminate such person’s registration and delete their account with Us.
1.4 You represent and warrant that all information You submit to Us at all point of time shall be accurate, complete and truthful.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
2.1 We may use information that We collect from You to:
- deliver and improve Our products and services, and manage Our business;
- provide You with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about Your use of, or interest in, Our or other users’ products, services, or content or such products, services, or content as may be available on or through the Website;
- communicate with You by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile about products or services that may be of interest to You either from Us or other users or such products, services, or content as may be available on or through the Website;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to Your interests on the Website and other sites, including providing Our advertisements to You when You visit other sites;
- undertake website and/or mobile application analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Website Terms and Conditions
- resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, detect and protect Us against any activity not expressly authorized under the Website Terms & Conditions
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
3.2 We may also disclose Your personal information (i) for complying with applicable laws, requests or orders from law enforcement agencies, appropriate authorities (such as without limitation, court officials, expert professional investigative agencies and the like) or for any legal process; (ii) for enforcing the Website Terms and Conditions; (iii) for protecting or defending Ours, any Website member’s or any third party’s rights or property; (iv) for supporting any fraud/ legal investigation/ verification checks; or (vi) in connection with a corporate transaction, including but not limited to sale of our business, merger, consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
3.3 We may use and share Your non-personal information We collect under any of the above circumstances, including with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website and on websites and/or applications of third parties, and to undertake analysis thereof. We may combine non-personal information We collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION?
4.1 You can choose not to provide Us with certain information; however this may result in You being unable to use certain features of Our Website. Our Website may also deliver notifications to Your email or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by changing the Website settings.
4.2 You are solely liable and responsible for any information You provide and/or share using the Website.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
5.1 We adopt reasonable security practices and procedures to help safeguard Your personal information under Our control from unauthorized access. However, You acknowledge that no Internet transmission or system or server can be 100% secure. Therefore, although We take all reasonable steps to secure Your personal information, We do not promise or guarantee the same, and You should not expect that Your personal information, or other communications while using the Website will always remain secure and safeguarded by Us. You should always exercise caution while providing, sharing or disclosing Your personal information using the Website.
6.1 The information that you knowingly provide and/or
share through the Company Service is intended for public consumption or on
public forum, which includes but not limited to, your reviews, tips, check-ins,
comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile.
We may display this information through the Company Service, share it with
businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party
sites and services. It is expressly clarified that You will retain ownership
and shall solely be responsible for any content that You share or upload on the
public platform through the Company Service, including any text, data,
information, images, photographs, video or any other information which you may
upload, transmit or store through the Company Service. However, We reserve the
right to use/reproduce any content uploaded by You on the public platform and
You agree to grant royalty free, irrevocably, unconditionally, perpetually and
worldwide right to Us to use the content for reasonable business purpose.
7.1 When you sign up for an account or use certain
features of the Company Service, you consent to receive messages from other
users of the Company Service, businesses, and the Company itself. We may also
use your information to contact you through about and/or to promote and market
our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. With your consent,
we may also use your information to contact you through text and voice messages
about and/or to promote and market these goods and services.
7.2 If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you may
elect to opt-out / email us your preference of not receiving any messages /
note that you cannot opt-out of receiving any Administrative Emails.
“Administrative Emails” shall mean and include but not limited to, any change
or modification of legal policy, administrative policy, service policy or any
other policy as applicable or any activity related to the Company Service,
which includes but is not limited to, emails regarding your account, requests
or inquiries, and purchases of products and services. The treatment you receive
from your licensed dental provider is not conditioned on your consent to
receive promotional and/or marketing communications.
7.3 If you exchange messages with others through the Company Service, we may store that information to process and deliver them, to allow you to manage them, and we may further review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Company Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, whatsapp messages, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on the Company Service, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
8.1 If you are a user of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media sites with public account settings and you comment or review we will be able to pull your reviews of our products from the social media sites and post them on our Website and/or App. This is so that we can share your opinions about our products with the visitors of our Website and/or App. Before being posted on our Website and/or App, your comments will be reviewed by us.
8.2 By posting or otherwise making available any content about your experience on a public social media platform, and responding “yes” if we ask for your permission to re-post content on our owned channels, such as Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and others, you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older and that you agree to the terms and conditions listed on our page on the Website and/or App.
9.1 To facilitate and customize your experience with the Company Service, we may store cookies on your computer or other similar device through which you access the Company Service. By using the Company Service, you agree and consent to the Company to place cookies on your Computer or mobile or any other device which you may use to access the Company Service.
9.3 Please note that we only collect your Personally Identifiable Information to conduct our business and to enable us to deliver and improve our services. We do not for any reason whatsoever sell your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party or otherwise trade on it.
10.1 As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you might want to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the Company Service.
11.1 The Website and/or App and the Company Service is controlled and operated by the Company. All material on the Website and/or App, including but not limited to logo, images, illustrations, and video clips (“ Proprietary Material”), are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such Proprietary Material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Any use of the Proprietary Material for any purpose is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited.
12.1 We try our best to restrict the use of the Website to individuals aged 18 (eighteen) years and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under the age of 18 (eighteen) years.